Kezzie Kosmo- No Snow in LA Kezzie Kosmo- No Snow in LA

Dope flow!

kenhandra responds:

Why Thank you Master Jace I thought you'd never get a chance to experience this track.

Sonic- LavaReefZoneA1 Piano Sonic- LavaReefZoneA1 Piano

wat

I didn't know people still used MIDIs for newgrounds stuff. There were big issues with that years back. Anyway the piano's kind of overpowering. Dunno how to explain it. Did your DAW catch the chorus events that weeks puts in all his works or do the samples just sound like that

DrMackFoxx responds:

I suspect the problem with MIDI edits was people taking files off MIDI-hosting sites, modifying them and then trying to pass the entire work off as their own: without permission from the original MIDI author.

In my case, I have written permission from John Weeks to create these piano/electronic covers as well as to post the resulting work. In fact, my first post to the Audio Portal (Sonic- Twinkle Cart Piano) was a collab between John Weeks and I. If I had to name only one gripe about the Audio Portal, it would be the inability to list multiple authors in a submission, which you can do in the Flash Portal.

I do have to say that some of the piano lines are considerably louder than the instrumentation in the original track from the game. Plus, the soundset I use does have stronger-sounding piano patches than other software synths I've worked with.

Thank you very much for the review. It is appreciated. :)

P.S.- I do have some original tracks here on Newgrounds. I'm definitely an amateur composer, but I'm learning as I go. Maybe give my tracks "Industrial Ruins" "Reploid Deployment" "Industrial Intrusion" and "Industrial Ruins- Stillness" a listen if you have the time?

All the above tracks, minus Reploid Deployment, were used in a Flash game on Newgrounds called Robots VS Zombies. I ended up writing the entire soundtrack for that game (3 songs, 2 jingles). A good step forward as a beginning composer, eh? :)

Pokemon BW Rival Battle [VRC6] Pokemon BW Rival Battle [VRC6]

-Points to 8bc-

Because on Newgrounds, it's all about mdiis through fruity loops and twenty minute techno repetition, not many really appreciate quality video game arrangements.

phlim2 responds:

I shall bear 8bc in mind, thanks! :D

Bob-Omb Battlefield Bob-Omb Battlefield

oh lol

I remember when this first came out as a MIDI on VGMusic. (cough)

Also, you would have been better redoing the drums at least, since they weren't all that great anyway.

pokoman pokoman

At least it was on key

But barely

Pick Up the Phone Remix Pick Up the Phone Remix

Good stuff

Though to be honest, the vocal recording sounds unprofessional. Which isn't really a problem on anyone's part, it's hard to find a good mic.

angel island zone band arrang. angel island zone band arrang.

Authenticity <3

I'm satisfied. It's not like other people who just take some random midi and use soundfont instruments.

spamwangler responds:

to be fair, the drum information is from the midi track

The Amero-can Dream The Amero-can Dream

Fuckin' win

<3 political rap

LyRikLyNkLyNd responds:

All rap is political, It's about how the rappper gets to politickin ;)

Sonic Adventure 2 | Theme Sonic Adventure 2 | Theme

Err...

The quality is eugh....

Sonic- Dreams of an Absolution Sonic- Dreams of an Absolution

Awesome

Good to see my MIDI put to good use. =P

I can't suggest anything mostly because you're not around to do anything with it anymore... ._.